Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm Just Happy

Take two pointers - with excess energy and close them out of the bedroom. If that is not a recipe for destruction, then I don't know what is.

I'm just happy it wasn't the sofa. It could have been worse. Now, I thought, well I'm sorta sure, well almost positive, that one of them was chewing on a Kong in the hallway. I heard chewing sounds that sounded - well, acceptable. Maybe that was Maddie.

I didn't hear that "look at me I'm in my bliss" sound of racing up the stairs and down. I was too lazy to check. Maybe the lack of noise should have been a give away.

I'm just happy it wasn't the recliner. Now, they know better. But if no one is watching do rules apply to pointers???

I'm just happy it wasn't the rug. Though truth be told, that would have occupied them for hours. And while this may have been a tag team event, I don't have proof. I think they put their two little brain cells together and the four cells thought up some mischief. Have you noticed that mischief leaves a wide path of debris?

By all rights those two dogs should be exhausted. Now, I can't completely blame them. We wanted a nap without cold noses and dog farts. It's mostly Sidney's fault because he is such a wiggle worm in bed. He can't lay still, he can't keep his paws to himself, he can't keep his nose off your _______(insert body area of choice). We banished them from the bedroom and they entertained themselves.

What was a throw pillow is now a battered, ripped, shredded facade of it's former self. There is pillow stuffing scattered far and wide. There are strips of binding, and pieces of fabric. I'm just glad it wasn't the wing chair.

It was/is pretty amusing to see what remains of the pillow. I have evidence of two pointers having a pillow fight, but I don't have witnesses. Maddie won't tell. I think she may have put them up to it. Kobe slept completely through it. He voted for an afternoon nap too.

Too bad we weren't all on the same nap schedule. Too bad I didn't catch them in the act, to bad an innocent pillow had the stuffing ripped from it. Too bad a responsible adult wasn't on duty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And isn't it remarkable just exactly how much stuffing is in a pillow??? Much more than one would expect!!

N. Bachmann said...

You are absolutely right. I would have needed a panoramic lense to photograph have far the stuffing was spread. Way more than one would expect. And why didn't they have stuffing stuck to their lips???