Thursday, January 15, 2009

Weary

There is weary, when you are at home. And then another kind of weary, when you are not at home. Both are tired. Just not the same.

There is much more comfort in laying down for the night in your own comfort zone. The comfort comes from being at peace with the surroundings. You know the noises, the light or lack of it, the feel of the bed.

I miss my bed, even if the blanket has holes in it. Mickey, who people think is so, so well behaved holds the house record for chewing holes in blankets. He did it again just the other day. Naughty boy.

While I don't miss getting up the let the dogs in and out, I do miss the dogs. I miss Reno, but I don't miss doing house stuff, dishes, laundry, cooking. I miss the regular rituals. Like pouring coffee for him. I poured coffee for my travel roommate - but I didn't say I love you honey when I gave it to her. That seemed a little forward. I did still enjoy the act of pouring and delivering the coffee - it's always a treat to give of yourself a little.

I have three more days away from home. While I don't miss the cold I hear they are having, I do miss home. For a while today I heard a rumor that my garage had been cleaned enough to get my truck into - sadly, it was just a rumor. C'est la vie. Or, c'est la garage.

So, for the mean time, I am weary away from home. But this to shall pass. When I lay down to rest I'll imagine I'm snuggled up next to my favorite pets and people. I understand it's probably a three-dog night up there, luckily we have enough dogs for such a night.

1 comment:

JOAN said...

I'd check Reno out. I hear he's having a Cigar Party in your home!!lol Blessings..