Monday, January 12, 2009

Packing Under Watchful Eye

Kobe knows I'm going out of town. He's been watching me all night. Following me from room to room. He wags his tail when I talk, looks at what I'm putting in the suitcase. If he could talk he'd probably say I've got more stuff than I need. And he'd probably be right. He'd know I was going on a business trip because I'm not packing any toys or fun stuff. If he could talk I wonder if he'd ask if and when I was coming back.

If I could, I'd say, Kobe honey (and Mickey, Maddie and Sidney) I'll be gone for a few days, but I promise to be back. I'll miss you so much. I know Reno will take good care of them. But, really, they are such Momma's dogs. Granted once I'm gone, all that will matter is that Reno lets them in and out and fills the food bowls.

I'll miss the comfort of their presence, the softness of their fur. I'll miss the in and out of their daily routine, their antics, probably even their dog farts. They are part of what makes me whole. So I really dislike being away from them. I'll miss Reno for almost the exact same reasons. Well, almost.

So for the moment, I pause to tell Kobe I love him, and that he'll be fine. And I hope the time passes quickly so I can come home again and see my many loves.

1 comment:

JOAN said...

We will miss you... and your blog while you're gone. Be Safe!!