Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fur Balls

It seems early in the season for the dogs to be blowing their coats. But Maddie, our English Springer Spaniel is shedding like crazy.

I took advantage of some warm weather (for late January) and brushed the dogs. Mickey is always the first in line for brushing. He loves being brushed. Sidney, when he realizes someone else is getting first brushing barges right in. I'm sure he's saying "move over Bozo, Mom wants to brush me next". Sid will stand there as long as I am willing to brush. Kobe has to be called over for the grooming session. Of the three pointers he sheds the most - I've never figured out why. Maddie has to be called over too, and held there. She'd much rather be chasing the ball. Standing still when one can be retrieving must be like solitary confinement for a Chatty Cathy.

Fur was coming off Maddie like rhetoric off a politician. I pulled balls of it off the shedding blade and released it in the breeze. Sidney saw fur balls flying and snagged a couple out of thin air. Blechh! I'm sure Maddie would have called him a lemon headed retard for that. Sid probably figured if Maddie wasn't gonna chase the 'ball' he would. Talk about tag team retrieving.

Maybe it's a good sign to have them start losing their winter coats. I just hate to break it to them that there is still plenty of winter left.

No comments: