Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Travels

God must have known I needed canine contact on this trip. The lady next to me on the plane had her little doxie with her. That made me feel right at home. If I can't be with my dogs, I'd like to be with someone elses. Okay, I didn't get to pet or talk to her dog, but it was a comfort to have one near me.

I tried to imagine my dogs on an airplane. Omg. First of all they are way to big to travel in a little carrier. One can dream though. No doubt we'd have to fly DogmaAir, or AmericanAirDog or some other dog friendly airlines. Sidney would be all skittish and not sure where to settle. Maddie would be happy as long as someone threw the tennis ball. I think the aisle would be a great area for her to be in the ball zone. Plus a plane full of people would mean lots of folks tossing that slimy ball for her. She'd be a happy camper.

Mick (and probably Sidney) would dig looking at the window. Think of all the window's they could check out! Dog gazing heaven.

Kobe would be non-plussed. As long as I was nearby he'd be happy. The walk would be hard on him, but he'd nap extra long to make up for it.

We were analyzing why travelling is so tiring. One could almost say we are dog tired, and we really didn't work at all today. We slept in a little, packed a little, waited a little, flew a little and then we worked a little, had dinner and WOW - we are pooped!!

I may not be able to even circle three times before retiring for the night. I hope the rest of this week includes other dogs to brighten my day. The trip got started out right - you gotta love that.

No comments: