Monday, January 19, 2009

Huddle

This word brings to mind several connotations. There is the football huddle - and may I just add.....Go Steelers. No, I'm not very football driven, but Reno is, so he'd want me to add the Go Steelers mantra. I believe I'll get bonus points for mentioning it twice.

Then there is the famous quote "bring me your huddled masses". We can all relate to that. Especially the "Miracle on the Hudson" folks who huddled on the airplane wing last week after their amazing crash landing.

There are family huddles to celebrate achievements or to plan gatherings.

I enjoyed a huddle of my own this morning. It was a "puppy huddle" on the bed. They were all there. Mick, Maddie and Sidney on the bed and Kobe was the sidelines coach. They were like......tell me all about your trip Mom......and we'll tell you all about our week.....and, really Mom, Dad does his best, but it's just not like having you around. He feeds us, lets us in and out, but, dang, where are the kisses, the loves and the pet names you use.

It was a huddle of contentment. As opposed to a huddle of fear, anticipation, prayer or excitement.

Huddles can be so many things, and we are lucky to have them. Face it, we need huddles. Just like I need the dogs and they need me.

No comments: