Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Must Be Too Cold

We have three English pointers and an English springer spaniel in residence. And I have two fat furry squirrels feeding from the bird feeder about 3 ft from the back door.

This leads me to several conclusions. First of all, all those smells and noises that they hear/smell way more than I ever could are selectively heard or smelled. You can't fool me - if they wanted to, they would know about the feeding frenzy in the back yard. Even without the smell/hearing advantage, they could look out the window and see them.

But, wait, they would have to pull their sleepy forms off the master bed to do that. Not gonna happen. Kobe I will excuse from squirrel hunting, age does have some benefits. The other slugs? Well, I just hope word doesn't get out about this.

Maybe they are just conserving their energy. Maybe Sidney knows they are there, but likes the bird seed they leave behind so is choosing to ignore them. More snacking for him later. Maybe at 4 degrees it's too cold to care.

I can't say as I blame them.

No comments: