Thursday, January 1, 2009

Full House

I'm no poker wiz, but I believe three of a kind and a pair is a good hand. Obviously I didn't miss my calling. We had our own full house last night when we settled in for the night.

As we snuggled in, I had Mickey behind my knees, Maddie behind my back, and Reno invited Sidney up for a New Year's snuggle. He bounded up in a Pete sort of "whatcha doing, whatcha doing, whatcha doing " kind of way. He curled up between Reno and I. I'm not sure who started snoring fastest, me, Sidney or Reno. Yes, I know we were breaking the "no fosters in bed" rule. But if the Foster Dad extends the invitation who am I to cry foul?

All was good until about 3:30 am. I woke up hot, really hot, in a newly (probably) menopausal, get me out from under the blankets, who invited all the fur balls kind of way. There were blankets flying everywhere. Sidney dashed for the safety of the sofa, Mick and Maddie gave wide berth and Reno slept blissfully on. Maybe he was just pretending to sleep on, I'm not sure. Usually winters in NE require extra blankets and dogs. Not this winter, at least not for me!

I really think after men die (probably from trying to put blankets on a menopausal woman, or trying to have a rational discussion with a premenstrual woman) they should be reincarnated into woman. This way they can experience all that hormonal horror. In all fairness, women should come back as men, so we can experience all those "man things". I'm not sure it works this way, but one can dream.

I sure hope Sidney doesn't have night terrors from the sudden disruption of our happy little full house last night. And I pray his forever home includes both bed and sofa privileges. As he is learning the good life from us. If nothing else he is learning to adapt to the nuances of a female owner. We can be somewhat changeable at times - and that is the understatement of the century.

No comments: