Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Flying - hopefully; fried - most likely

I am trying to organize a trip to NYC the beginning of next month. If anyone would like to donate their frequent flyer miles to a not-so frequent flyer - that would be awesome. I know, it may be bold of me to ask, and I do understand - if you'd rather donate cash, I have no problem with that. Or if you have a corporate jet you'd like to send for me - that's ok too. I realize some of you out there have more money and mileage than you know what to do with. I don't mind helping you out with that little problem.

Speaking of little problems. I fried the microwave tonight. Multitasking after a couple margarita's can be problematic. I know - shaking head. I should have been more careful. Instead of setting the timer, I turned the microwave on. In my defense, the microwave was very old, and I got it for free. That is my story and I'm sticking to it. Besides, if the neighbor's apple tree wasn't loaded with fruit this never would have happened. Baking two apple pies after a couple drinks is not the smartest thing I've ever done. Bear in mind, I am a light weight, so it was only two margarita's. One for each pie as I see it.

I'm hoping the microwave will recover. Okay, so perhaps that is a bit delusional. Hopefully, no more delusional than praying the God's of Travel will bless this trip I'm lining up.

If you can help - let me know. If you'd like to meet in NYC for a margarita - please don't let me near your microwave.

No comments: