Monday, September 8, 2008

Rainy Monday

If I took instructions from the dogs, I'd be calling in to work today. They know, that rainy days are meant for snuggling in to the couch, the recliner, or the bed and snoozing the day away. They don't even so much as follow me from room-to-room on the rainy days like they do every other day of the week in case I do something exciting. I could drop salami on the floor and I don't think they would budge.

I admit I'm not so good at just kicking back and resting. My mind is always going every which way. I have a book I'm reading at the table, one in the living room, and of course, one in the powder room. A dog would never do that, they would focus on one at a time, or just nap instead.

A dog naps on the off chance they will need to rest from playing hard later in the day. A dog naps after eating, after sleeping all night, and after going potty. I nap when I am about to drop and just can't go on. Then I set the timer for a quick 20 minutes. One ear on the timer, one eye on the dogs, and one eye napping. Not very restful.

A dog at rest is as enchanting as a dog at play. And on a rainy Monday these dogs of mine are very wise indeed.

No comments: