Saturday, September 13, 2008

Go Pee Rhymes with Dopey

The dogs know. The dogs know the rules. The dogs (at least mine) know not to pee in the house. And yet, sometimes pee happens. Adults know the rules too. While we don't pee in the house the same way dogs do, we do have our dopey moments too.

Dopey may be a synonym for pointers, the data seems to suggest it. Of course, maybe the adults in the household missed the "I gotta go potty cues", the "I can't hold it any more" signals, the "I'm gonna explode if no one pays attention to me" signs. It could have happened.

My first cue was what is that noise???? Followed immediately with SIDNEY NOOOOOOOO!!! Strong emphasis on the "NO", naturally.

He'd been outside. But, he'd been bunny watching. I can only surmise multitasking is not in his nature. Because he'd been outside, I wasn't watching as carefully as I could have. On the plus side, I got a really good verbal correction in. You may have heard it. Half the continent did.

When you gotta go, you gotta go. And we have proof. Or had proof, as the carpet has been quickly cleaned. As a woman who sometimes waits longer to find the loo than I should, I have to sympathize. He had to go, so he did. Nothing dopey about that.

No comments: