Thursday, September 25, 2008

Little City Girl

I am a self professed Little City Girl. But next month I'm going to the big city, to the Big Apple. I'm having fun already and I don't leave for about 10 days. It's already been a trip to remember, and we're just in the planning stages.

The best part is having friends willing to show me their city. These wonderful friends joined my life by adopting Pete, our last foster dog. I will get to stay with them and Pete. I wonder if Pete is half as excited as I am?

We will take Pete and Lucy to a wonderful Blessing of the Animals. Sure wish I could take one of my resident pups along - several could use some extra blessings. Perhaps I will be blessed simply by attending, and that will rub off on my own dogs.

Owning dogs takes us on an incredible journey. Fostering takes you even further. I have fosters who ended up in New Mexico, Mississippi, one who stayed right here in Omaha, one who sadly crossed the bridge, Pete in NYC, and Sidney -who's forever home is yet to be determined.

I'll probably be easy to pick out in NYC. I'll be the one walking around with her mouth open in awe. And while I may be a little city girl at heart, my heart is open to visiting the big city, and seeing the part of my heart that moved there this summer.

No comments: