Sunday, September 28, 2008

Uplifting

I was rubbing on some age defying lotion tonight in a feeble attempt to defy age. It occurred to me just how much character my "products" have. For example, I have whitening/brightening toothpaste, and lingerie that makes me feel like a woman - not that I had any gender issues to begin with. I have invigorating shampoo, but all it really has to do is clean my hair. Any vigor I have comes from other sources. I realize I may sound like Andy Rooney here, but thankfully I don't look like him. If I ever begin to, it's time to get a different age defying lotion, better lingerie and have my eyebrows touched up (seriously).

My bra's are uplifting, and my jeans are smoothing. In real life, I can only hope my spirit is uplifting and my life is fairly smooth. Most foods I eat are fortified with something, when really, only my faith/hope needs daily fortification. Yes, I said fortification, not the other word. That's a whole other subject.

Nothing on me has been cosmetically enhanced, and gravity has been knocking me about with it's magic wand of softening, sliding and wrinkles.

Still, I find there is more depth, more joy, more serendipity in my life than ever before. I believe that is a gift of age. And no product on earth can defy that. Nor would I want one too.

No comments: