Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cookies From Heaven

It's Tuesday - which means I have to clean up the yard. You might call it poo-doo day. So many interesting things to take in while on poo-doo.

It was a frozen poo-doo day, with Fall well in hand. The sun was out, thankfully. The yard dry, mercifully. The wind was biting though. The bald cypress is almost completely bald. A few pansies who made it through the summer heat are putting out their last hurrah.

On windy days my yard collects many things. All the trash cans from the circle usually, plus papers, bags and other silly things. Just the other day a small ghost blew in from someones Halloween decorations. I try to pick up odds and ends to keep the dogs from doing it for me.

Today must have been a red letter day for Sidney. I was scooping poo and looked up to see Sidney snarf something up and start chowing it. I immediately checked into it. And truthfully, it must be the day the heavens will open up and rain cookies from on high. Because Sidney was chowing on a sugar cookie with M&M's. Helloooo? Where do cookies like this come from? So many thoughts blew through my mind. How did it get there? Why couldn't it be a cookie without any chocolate in it? Will the cookie make him sick? Were there more? Will there be a dozen with macadamia nuts with my name on them? Who has the milk?

Now I know it's unlikely it fell from the sky. Probably it means someone cut through my yard. Do I mind they cut through my yard - yep. What kind of person could be be so careless to lose a cookie along the way? Why couldn't it have been an Omaha Steaks truck with the back door open? No, no, I get a random trespasser with loose cookies.

Sidney didn't mind at all. He likes it here. A warm crate, roof over the head, loving hands to pet him.....and cookies falling from the sky. Life is good.

1 comment:

Maki B said...

Ahhh. Life is goooood. But, life is better with heavenly cookies falling from the sky.