Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dog Tags

They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. But, the way to my heart has always been through my dogs.... (well, and diamonds). So any gift for my dogs is a gift of love.

A girl friend of mine gave me an excellent gift - for the dogs of course. And what better gift for a pet than an I.D. tag. This version is a bit unusual. It does not have the dogs name, address or phone number on it. It provides identification of another kind.

Her wisdom says it all. I now have four heart shaped (Husker Red, of course) tags for the dogs that say "I Rescued A Human".

Amen to that concept. She has often said her dog did the rescuing and not the other way around. Every time they greet us at the door, snuggle with us at night, wag their tail in joy, love us unconditionally, dance with pleasure for their food - they rescue us again.

We may think they are dependent on us, but in fact it is the other way around. How awesome to have been rescued in this way. How perfect to give the honor back to them by way of these I.D. tags.

No comments: