Monday, November 17, 2008

Good Dog Mom - Bad Dog Mom

Let me preface this with - honestly, we weren't drinking, honestly. Maybe we should have been.

I try to be a good dog Mom. However, once in a while I do mess up. Proof that I am human. Also I want you to know sometimes I am embarrassed to share some of the things I do share in blogs. But I figure, if I struggle with it, someone else might too. If I flounder and blunder - I'm guessing I'm not alone. If I'm clueless - well, you get my drift.

Here is the deal. We were going out Saturday evening. Reno opened the car door for me and turned to go to his side of the car. And he sees that we forgot to let Maddie inside. Yikes, we don't usually do that. So he puts her inside only to find I'd forgotten to crate Sidney on my way out. Or, he had forgotten to crate Sidney on his way out - but I digress. So Maddie is in, Sidney is crated...out we go.

We arrive home 2 1/2 hours later and low and behold we discover Kobe was outside too!! Holy crap batman - how did we do that? And dang - did I/we feel horrible. We never leave dogs out when we are not home, at least not intentionally! Plus it was cold, making me feel extra guilty.

Suffice it to say we will be counting noses more carefully before going out. And, Kobe? He's just fine. I'm sure he barked rather indignantly at the door off and on all of those hours he was out alone. Just as I am certain his bed by the register vent in our bedroom was a sight for sore eyes and cold paws that night. He's forgiven me for leaving him out - and I've learned a valuable lesson. Count those noses.

No comments: