Thursday, November 13, 2008

Picking It Up

There is a lot to be said about dog poop. For one, it's a stinky subject. And, shoveling it is definitely not my favorite thing to do. It is part and parcel, or would that be part and pile, of owning pets. Poop happens - consistently.

Some times of the year it's easier clean up. Oh.......... this might be a good time to say, if you are offended by discussions such as this, it might be a good time to see if you have any pertinent Spam in your junk mail box begging for your attention.

As I was saying, some times of the year it's easier to clean up. I love it when the sun bakes it (yes, I'm really admitting this) so it is easy to scoop up. Wet weather makes the process even less appealing. Face it, no one likes soggy poop. All these random thots wandered through my mind as I scooped recycled dog food this morning. Mind you, we had 1 1/2 inches of rain this week.

What some people don't realize is how visually taxing yard clean up can be this time of year. My eyes are exhausted! There are literally a zillion leaves in the yard, in various colors and stages of decay. A brown leaf, curling and dying, can look more like poop that one might imagine. I have a pattern I follow to scan the yard for piles. Yes, I am crazy - no need to remind me. All the fallen leaves definitely clutter the visual poop pattern as I walk the yard. Like radar in an air show - the pattern was really full.

If nothing else, perhaps this blog will give you new respect for those who make their living cleaning up dog do-do. It's not the no brainer job we think it is. When I hit the lottery, perhaps I'll hire one of those companies. Until then, I'll keep picking it up and sharing my thoughts with you.

Poop happens. Without poop, there would be no dogs. Without dogs, life would stink like a really big pile of you-know-what.

No comments: