Sunday, December 14, 2008

All Decked Out

Here's the deal - I have always said I'm the "crazy dog lady" in the family. I can live with that title, in fact, I'm rather proud of it.

People ask - how many dogs do you have - I reply, only four. To some that is an astonishing amount of canine residents. To me, it's just the right number. But this blog is not about me. It's about Sidney.

Our dogs are house dogs, bed dogs, sofa dogs, snuggle pups, resident dogs, foster dogs. We do draw the line at dressing them up. For example, a Halloween bandanna is as far as I will go. And for Christmas, Mick wears some jingle bells tied to his leash with a scrap a holiday fabric. No reindeer antlers - I just can't do it. I understand others can and do. If it works for them, that's just peachy.

You can imagine my surprise to find that Reno took an extra set of Christmas lights and decorated Sidney's crate with them. My, he looks so festive!!!! I've never decorated a crate before. Well, except to put some "caution 50th birthday in progress" ribbon on Sid's crate. It seems we have started a new tradition with Sidney. He's getting privileges the residents never have. I hope there is not a mutiny for that.

Where does that leave us? Well, Sid is all decked out for the holidays. And there is a crazy dog man in residence here with this crazy dog lady. How cool is that?

No comments: