Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Shopping

As a dog lover I should be easy to shop for. I'm wondering if I'm too old to write to Santa Claus with my wish list. On the off chance Santa still likes me here I go......

Dear Santa -

I have some tough requests and some easy ones. And before I get too far with those, yes, Santa, I've been very, very good this year. Well, when I wasn't being bad I was good.

The hard questions first. I'd like a forever home for Sidney. He's a good boy and will make someone a wonderful pet. Yes, we love him, but we love him enough to let him go to his own home someday.

I'd like Kobe to not pee inside all the time. He's an old boy, really, really old. So we forgive him when it happens. It sure would be nice if his last years were chock full of simple pleasures and very low pain for him.

I'd like one of those t-shirts from http://www.alpha-bitch.net/. It's about time I got the respect due me.

I'd like a Pointer Rescue calendar, or two, or three. Our previous foster dog Pete is in several of them, plus a whole lot of other gorgeous pointers. One for my office and for the kitchen would be terrific.

I'd like a years worth of poop scooping from one of the local Doo-doo Removal Services.

I'd like one more chance to kiss the two dogs of ours that crossed the bridge last year. I miss them so much.

I'd like 3-5 acres of fenced yard in the mountains, by a lake, near the ocean for the dogs to run on. Yes, I realize this might be a hard one to fit in your sleigh.

I'd like it if once a week the dogs would let me sleep in until 8am.

I'd like it if animals weren't ever starved, abused and homeless. Perhaps your gentle kindness will rub off on people and they will learn to treat animals better.

Now Santa, I realize I've asked for a lot, and that you are not God. But I also believe that you are a dog lover too. I don't think you don't eat all those cookies left for you - I'm sure you share them with the resident pets.

If, perchance, I'm too old for you to bring me anything - that's okay too. Sharing my life with the dogs is gift enough for me.

Merry Christmas Santa - Love, Nancy

No comments: