Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I had a friend write me today, and say " here's hoping that any problems in 2009 last only as long a New Year's resolution that was made after a bottle of good Chardonnay (or a Margarita out of Styrofoam)." I like the way she thinks!

Got me thinking. I've never been a big fan of New Year's Celebrations. But the last two years gatherings have been absolutely delightful! Perhaps that is because Reno was in charge of all the plans. What a treat to fly out there, just show up and look pretty. No other responsibilities. It was a vacation with parties involved. New people, new places, some new clothes, new roads traveled. The only think missing were the dogs.

This year we are both here and I'm missing the anticipation, the romance, the fun. Not that we'll sit here like two bumps on a log. It will be what we make of it. So I know there will be laughter, warm fuzzy's and other good stuff! Plus the dogs to snuggle in with when we get home.

So as far as resolutions - which I suck at keeping: I resolve to laugh as much, if not more than I did this year. Foster at least 1 or 2 pointers. I plan to buy more fruits and veggies (yes, I'm going to try to eat them too). Sometimes I do better at buying than eating. I plan to stop and smell the roses, and pet the dogs. I hope to treat my faith like I do the potato chips and cheese. Something I can't resist, and won't hesitate to share.

Now I could go on and on. Like many of us we can make a list a mile long of what we plan to do. I believe I'll keep it simple. I'll laugh, live, love. Just like the dogs have taught me too.

No comments: