Sunday, December 7, 2008

Keys

How many keys do you carry on your key ring?? Are there any that you really don't need?

We often carry about things we don't really need. From keys, to attitudes, to worries. We just find it difficult to let go. I'll be the first to raise my hand in agreement on that one. I tend to carry some past hurts, some future worries, so unrealistic expectations. Perhaps we all do.

I have a key on my key ring that goes to a door in my house. I keep thinking I need to take it off my key ring. Why? Well because the locks have been changed and that key fit's nothing - absolutely nothing in my house. And yet, I find it difficult to remove it and just pitch it. Now, all that said, I also have a little dish that has some odds and ends keys that I no longer even know where they belong to. At least I used to know what the key on my ring belonged to. That's a step up and something to be proud of.

My goal this week is to pitch out that key. I need keys to the car, the house, the store. I need keys to my beloveds heart. I wouldn't mind having some keys to wisdom, or to Warren Buffett's bank account. Those may, or may not come with time.

The key thing is to keep what we need and dispose of what we don't. Otherwise we carry more weight than we really need. The key is to remain open and optimistic. The key is to have faith and to believe. So take a look at those keys. Pitch those you don't need and travel lightly.

No comments: