Sunday, December 21, 2008

Emergency Blankets

On this first day of winter, one needs to consider safety precautions. With temps going down to -10 tonight it's time for wool sweaters, mittens, Dr. Denton's, boots, mufflers, and hats to mention a few. It wouldn't hurt to have an emergency blanket either.

Some would consider an emergency blanket the type of item to keep in your car during the winter. And some of you would be right. I have one in my car right now.

I gave Reno an emergency blanket tonight in fact. This one is for use in our bedroom. He seems to have trouble maintaining his share of the blankets. I don't know if this has been a life long issue, or a recent development. I, on the other hand, am an expert on blanket retention. I always have enough blankets, plus a dog or two to provide extra insulation.

Last night, during the night, I found myself unbearably warm suddenly (read hot flash). First I peeled the top blanket off, then the second blanket and finally I crawl on top of all the blankets thus pinning them. Reno found himself unbearable cold suddenly. However, no amount of tugging yielded any covers. Hmmmm......gosh I feel bad for him.

So tonight I gave him an extra blanket. An emergency blanket, if you will. If for some odd reason his share of the covers slips from his grasp, he has an extra. How someone who is the master of the remote can't hold onto blankets boggles my mind. It's a simple grasp and hold technique.

But, since I have a generous nature he has a Plan "B". And "B" would be for Blanket.

No comments: