Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Day Before The Day Before

Or, I'm not stopping until I get that last gift. And, I'm only going to one store to do it. Not counting the grocery store.

Oh, and before I forget - do not be alarmed by the big red stains on the driveway. More on that later.

A few last minute holiday thots. First of all. Man, are we blessed! A huge thank you to the Big Guy upstairs for that. Secondly, wow, are we going to eat like royalty the next couple days. Again - thanks Big Guy!

Thirdly, I know money's been tight this year. I can tell because I've only made one car bow this season. You know, those big flying bows people decide at the last minute they need for the car they just bought someone. The same ones that make my hands cramp unmercifully to make. What amuses me is that someone will buy a $20,000 gift and then fuss over a $20 bow. Really, I can make a bow as cool as that Lexus! Don't cheap out now.

In a really random thot that came to me while in line at the grocery store.....is a woman's hair cut that is short in front and very long in back a mullet too? Or is that just a man thing?

And lastly, about the stain on the driveway. Truthfully, if it wasn't on top of fresh snow it would not be so obvious. And maybe, by the time Reno gets home tonight, one of the dogs will help me hide the evidence. It might look like a gruesome accident happened, but truly it is Cocktail Sauce splattered on the driveway. Nope, it was not intentional. That bottle was a jumper. It knew there was shrimp in the other bag and it made a last ditch effort to escape. Wow! Was I surprised! And, holy crap, does flying sauce go far!

Okay - now that I've got these thots on paper (in a manner of speaking). I can go back and finish unloading the groceries. I only hope all the goodies cooperate and no more food flies like you know what hitting the fan.

No comments: