Monday, December 15, 2008

Get Your Hands Off My.......

Let's begin with, I was married for 18 years, then I was divorced for 10 years. Now I'm somewhere in between married and divorced - I'm a significant other. I've learned a lot about myself over the years. Now Reno and I are learning about each other. This week I discovered we don't share well.

I bought a bag of Cinnamon Santa's. I think they may be my favorite seasonal candy. Dot's are good all around candies. But when there are seasonal goodies - oh baby watch out. I got a bag of the Santa's and brought them home. Reno discovered them. He likes them as much as I do. I may be biased, but I think he eats them faster than I do. Of course, I have had several people say I am the slowest eater in the world. I get three bites to a Santa, and Reno gets two. This may factor in. Suffice it to say the first bag absolutely vanished and I don't think I got my share. Again - I may be biased, but I think the women of the world will take my side.

We decided we each need our own bag. That way we don't have to share, can consume at our own pace and there will be no - you ate more - comments made. Sounds like a great idea. So I bought us each a bag. Should be end of story, but No!

A new competitiveness has been exposed. I got the candy on Thursday. Both bags are on the counter. Neither of us has been willing to rip open their bag. Bizarre as it seems, this way we both have the same amount! Strange as it seems, it's a battle of will power. I have been tempted to take a marker and write "His Bag" and "Her Bag". And then rip open his and have a couple. But that could get ugly.

I may have to get a bag for my desk at work. That way I'd have some for now and some for later. Either way this little delectable has brought self-knowledge. I've learned I can be competitive and nit-picking (hard to believe, I know). Over the year's I've learned a thing or two. I won't hesitate to say "Get Your Hand's Off My........Cinnamon Santa's". Funny how candy can unleash the child within. In fact, I just bet his bag has more than mine. So not fair.

No comments: